JGold

JGold

The Julian Game

The Julian Game - Adele Griffin Note: This book is a Goodreads First Read"The Julian Game" is a fun, dark, quick read- definitely teen literature for the facebook generation. As I was reading it I couldn't help drawing parallels to "Mean Girls" (Ella Parker IS Regina George) which is fine by me as that movie is awesome and an all-too true portrayal of bitchy girl behavior.While this book is far from a laugh riot- and takes a bit more serious tack- just as in "Mean Girls" in "The Julian Game" we find a nice new girl buddy up to the school's Queen Bee only to get burned along the way- and of course there's a hot guy, who in this book ends up not being quite the prince charming he seems at first (which I think we can all agree is pretty realistic too). I also couldn't help be reminded a little bit of Meg Cabot's "Princess Diaries" series, especially in the latter books where Mia and her best friend have a bit of a falling out- but if you've read the series than you know that this to is good company to be in.Overall, "The Julian Game" is hardly ground-breaking material, but is still an nice short read.http://sometimesjenniferreads.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/the-galley-way-the-julian-game/